I strongly suggest to all administrators that they make the first day of school a play day.
What will this first day of school play day look like? A successful back to school launch ought to be considered from the child’s perspective rather than from an adult’s, especially in this COVID-19 time.
This blog series will take a unique approach and look at play and recess from a home and school perspective with topics such as:
- 6 Characteristics of Authentic Play
- Really . . .What is recess?
- How play and recess support the four domains of child development – proof we need recess more than ever!
- What are the 7 Play Patterns?
- How do we create a quality recess experience?
- Homeschool/Virtual School Recess versus “Real” School Recess
- Withholding recess – helpful or harmful?